- Awesome Graphics and Theme
- The Goonies Official Branded Slot
- Many Bonus Features
- No Jackpot
The Goonies is a branded slot by Blueprint Gaming.
JackpotFinder Editor's Rating
The Goonies Return is a branded video slot by Blueprint Gaming. Based on the classic 80s movie, the slot sees Chunk, Sloth and the rest of the gang team up for this adventure packed slot. Have a read through The Goonies Return jackpot analysis for more details.
The Goonies Return Jackpot Analysis: An Introduction
The Goonies Return is a branded slot played on 5 reels, 3 rows and 20 paylines. In order to form a winning combination, you are required to match 3, 4 or 5 symbols from left to right across a payline. All wins must start from the 1st reel.
The Blueprint Gaming slot has got an astonishing 13 bonus features including a free spins bonus round. The best place to be though is in the One-Eyed Willy Riches Bonus feature, which sees a streak re-spin deliver some classic rewards. This slot is a sequel to The Goonies original branded slot.
When playing The Goonies Return, you’ll be able to play with anything between €0.10 and €100 per spin. This is ideal for both low and high rollers. Set your stake by using up and down arrows to the left of the reels.
According to The Goonies Return jackpot analysis, the slot has an RTP of 96%. The volatility in this slot is rated in the medium range whilst there are various bonus features in the slot. You can also make the most of a maximum win amount worth 50,000x your total stake.
Theme and Design
The Goonies Return is based on the classic 1985 movie which sees a gang of kids go on a lost treasure hunt. In this slot, has a comic book-style layout to it, which sees your favorite characters brought back to life in the title. There are also some dialogue quotes from the film which are suited with a great backing track. It is truly an official video slot by Blueprint Gaming for the 1985 movie.
Whilst the design looks crisp and fresh on the eye, the symbols also more than meet the same criteria. When playing the slot, you’ll come up against royals A to J and 4-character symbols. Namely, Data, Mouth, Chunk and Mikey. The highest paying symbol is the Pirate Flag, paying out 25x your total stake for landing 5 across a payline.
As for the wild, it is represented by the Medallion symbol. This symbol has the potential to land on all of the 5 reels and substitutes all symbols barring the bonus one. If you manage to land 3 bonus scatters, you’ll trigger the bonus features. Moreover, 5 of these across a payline pay 25x your stake. Let’s take a look at the pay table for this slot.
In The Goonies Return, you can make the most of the following pay outs.
- Jack: 0.2, 0.5 or 2.5 x your stake for landing 3, 4 or 5 across a payline.
- Queen: 0.2, 0.5 or 2.5 x your stake for landing 3, 4 or 5 across a payline.
- King: 0.4, 2 or 5 x your stake for landing 3, 4 or 5 across a payline.
- Ace: 0.4, 2 or 5 x your stake for landing 3, 4 or 5 across a payline.
- Data: 0.5, 3 or 10 x your stake for landing 3, 4 or 5 across a payline.
- Mouth: 0.5, 3 or 10 x your stake for landing 3, 4 or 5 across a payline.
- Chunk: 1, 4 or 15 x your stake for landing 3, 4 or 5 across a payline.
- Mikey: 1, 4 or 15 x your stake for landing 3, 4 or 5 across a payline.
- Pirate Flag: 0.1, 2, 5 or 25 x your stake for landing 2, 3, 4 or 5 across a payline.
- Medallion Wild: Substitutes all standard symbols.
- One-Eyed Willy Bonus: 3 of these triggers the bonus features.
Where to play?
If you’re curious to try out The Goonies for yourself, simply head on over to one of our many Blueprint Gaming casino sites. You can find the full list at the top of this slot review. The visuals and presentation for this slot are second to none, with crystal clear clarity as well. As for the gameplay, it is simple, which makes The Goonies very simple to grasp. The slot uses the modern HTML5 technology.
You will be able to play this slot on any mobile device or smart machine. That includes the likes of iOS, Android, Mac, PC and Tablets too. Playing The Goonies on even the smallest of screens will not be a problem either.
The Goonies Return Jackpot Analysis: Bonus Features
Within The Goonies Return, there are 13 different bonus features on offer. In specific, we can divide these into 7 modifiers and 6 triggered bonus rounds. Let’s take a look at them individually.
One-Eyed Willy Modifiers
Of the 7 One-Eyed Willy Modifiers, the most important thing to note is that they can trigger at random on any spin. Here’s what you could be on the end of.
- Truffle Shuffle Wilds feature: land this extra and overlay wilds are awarded. Chunk can also turn these into multiplier wilds. You could also get a Truffle Reshuffle here which can deliver a second winning combination.
- Hidden Riches feature: a Mikey wild is added to the central position on reel 3. When the reels have stopped spinning, any other Goonie symbols turn wild and a new payout consideration is made.
- W-Invention Reels feature: Data uses the Punch Out Glove to sync between 2 and 5 adjacent reels. He can also add colossal symbols or upgrade symbols.
- Lucky Coins feature: these are mystery transforming symbols. All coins will turn into the same matching symbol and a new payout consideration follows. Land a cash symbol here and you’ll trigger a streak respin. These continue until no new coins appear.
- Bonus Boost feature: extra Bonus symbols are added to the reels, boosting your chances of triggering the main bonus features (info below).
- Win Spin feature: you’re guaranteed to land a combination that delivers a big win.
- Winning Spin feature: on random occasions, you could also see scythes, shooting spikes or dynamite appear which turn losing spins into winners.
One-Eyed Willy Bonus
The modifiers are triggered at random, but the bonuses require 3 bonus symbols to land on the same spin. You will be taken to a Bonus Wheel. The bonus you’ll receive depends on where the pointer lands. Here’s what you can receive:
Booby Trap Bonus feature
Turn the key which will reveal a cash award, a collect which ends the round or a trigger of another feature.
Waterslide to Wealth Bonus feature
This is a variation on the trail bonus. Collect doubloons to work your way along a trail which increases the value of a bet multiplier. Look out for upgrades which can boost the value of the prizes. Make it to the end of the trail and you’ll go on to play the Big Money Bonus.
Skeleton Organ Free Spins feature
Here, you’ll receive 5 free spins with the Skeleton Organ Symbol stacked on each reel. These are sticky too. Land a special symbol here and you’ll get a key to reveal symbol on the organ. All the organ symbols will then display that new symbols and a payout follows. When you’ve used up your free spins, you’ll get to pick from a selection of doubloons. These can award extra free spins, another bonus feature or a collect.
Fratelli Free Spins feature
10 free spins are on offer if you trigger this feature. If a Super Sloth Wild lands, that symbol position is highlighted. On the final free spin, either cash or wild symbols will land in the highlighted positions.
Momma Fratelli Money Spins feature
If you land 5 or more cash symbols during the Fratelli free spins, you’ll go on to play this extra. You’ll start with 3 respins. These reset if a new cash symbol lands. At the end, pick from the keys shown which can award more free spins, a collect or another Bonus feature.
Final Voyage Free Spins feature
You’ll move to a new screen. Below the reels is a trail with Inferno to the left, markers in the middle and gold doubloons to the right. The Inferno Wild shifts 1 reel to the right with each free spin. The Goonie character below the Inferno Wild also turns wild.
The round continues until all the high paying character have been upgraded and you’ve reached the doubloon to the right of the trail. You’ll then get to pick a doubloon. This can reveal a collect, a trigger of the One-Eyed Willy Riches Bonus feature or Super Spins where all the Goonies are wild and a stacked Inferno Wild is active throughout.
One-Eyed Willy Riches Bonus
Here, you’ll play a series of 3 streak respins on a 5×4 grid. It is advised to be on the prowl for multipliers. If you land these, you’ll see them stick in place and the respins reset to 3. There are also Goonie character symbols, each of which deliver certain upgrades. Let’s take a look.
- Mikey = overall win multiplier
- Data = awards an extra respin.
- Chunk = awards a Truffle Shuffle and upgrades the value of the other symbols.
- Money = adds the value of all the symbols currently on view to create a Super Money Win.
- One-Eyed Willy = expands the size of the grid which can reach 9×4 in size.
- Sloth = restarts the other characters.
At the end of the respins, all the prizes are added together. This gives you a final ultimate multiplier award. There is also the One-Eyed Willy Exchange, which sees a win of at least 15x your stake in contention to Gamble, to try and upgrade it into a features trigger.
The Goonies Return Jackpot Analysis
As we look at the The Goonies video slot in full, unfortunately, we must tell you that the slot lacks a lucky jackpot prize. This is truly a bummer considering how well it excels in other departments.
The slot will be rewarding when you manage to land the 50,000x maximum win amount. Just think of it, on a maximum bet of €/£100, that’s a staggering €/£5,000,000! If you’re not too impressed, head on over to our latest jackpot ratings to find many different slots with life-changing rewards.
The Bottom Line
Thus, to conclude this The Goonies jackpot analysis, we’ve got to give it up for Blueprint Gaming. The online software supplier group have proved their worth in gold with another spooky slot that’s instantly become a classic.
Whilst the gameplay is rather basic, this makes up for a straightforward gamer experience and enjoyable time. It is highly recommended for newcomers to try out The Goonies because of the simplicity which the video slot offers.
If one were to try it out for the first time, the best recommendation we can give you is to spin a few times without any cash put down at first. That way, you’ll be able to get a feel for the title and realize if it’s what you want to play or not. The alternative is just a click away to check out other jackpot games which may be more attractive for you.
- South Korea
- Isle of Man
- Russian Federation
- United Kingdom
- United States